CEO & Co-Founder
Prev. Cannabis Compliance, Zenabis
- Deepak is a recognised thought leader in the global cannabis space. An expert in government relations and cannabis regulations.
- Deepak has been at the forefront of medical cannabis legalisation for several years.
- His previous experience includes Vice President of Business Development and Government Relations at Cannabis Compliance Inc. and Vice President of Zenabis.
President & Co-Founder
prev. Origin House, Cassels Brock LLP
- Early entrepreneur in the cannabis industry – as founder, management, and legal counsel for various private and public global cannabis companies.
- Extensive experience working on corporate formation, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, private placements and going public transactions across international markets.
Chief Financial Officer / Head of Corporate Development
prev. Brookfield Asset Management
- 15+ years in investment experience across private and public markets, M&A structuring and negotiation
- Corporate development and strategic initiatives
- Experience across numerous industry sectors including Healthcare
Managing Director, Europe
Prev. Lift & Co, Johnson & Johnson
- Background in Fortune 500 healthcare at Johnson & Johnson
- Previously Vice President of Strategy at Lift & Co. (TSXV: LIFT)
- Cannabis sector representative on various policy advisory groups, including for Health Canada and the Government of Ontario
VP, Content & Legal Strategy
prev. Goodmans LLP
- Extensive legal experience working for public and private companies on a broad range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, going public transactions and debt and equity financings
VP, Strategy & Business Development
prev. Shopify, Ample Organics
- Founding member of Shopify’s cannabis program
- Previously lead international program at Ample Organics leading seed-to-sale platform
- Extensive cannabis network and vast knowledge of the international cannabis supply chain and regulations
Would you like to work for an innovative company in the cannabis industry? We are always looking for committed individuals who share our passion for the world of medical cannabis.
Learn more about Materia and the opportunities available here.